Clark House on
Hayden Lake 1910
Overlooking the shores of
Hayden Lake, the F. Lewis Clark Mansion
(Honeysuckle Lodge) majestically rests
on a 12 acre estate.
The mansion was
originally constructed as a summer home
for the powerful and very wealthy, F.
Lewis Clark and his beautiful wife
Winifred. The mansion was completed in
1910 and was the most expensive home in
In 1914 Lewis
mysteriously disappeared and was never
heard from again.
Winifred struggled for
years to preserve the fortune, however
by 1922 she was broke and the bank took
possession of all her holdings including
the mansion, complete with fine
furnishings from Europe, crystal
chandeliers from Czechoslovakia, hand
painted Zuber murals from France,
Italian Marble, rugs from the Orient,
slate roof from England, Mahogany
yachts, even a private Zoo. The 1400
acre compound was destined for
A series of occupants,
including church groups, a boys home,
the U.S. Navy, a resort, restaurant and
finally vandals and thieves pillaged the
once opulent villa.
In 1988 the house was
scheduled to be used as a burn exercise
for the County Fire Department.
In November 1989, Monty
Danner and Rod Palmer purchased the home
and renovated the 15,000 sq. ft. mansion
to its original glory.
Today the home is being
operated as an elegant Country Inn.
Rooms are available for
overnight guests. There are facilities
for corporate retreats, business
meetings, special event parties, dinner
by reservation and intimate wedding